Friday, May 17, 2013

Five for Friday Linky


I'm linking for the first time with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday! 
fiveforfriday

Well, our school has been testing all week so our students have to stay in the classroom ( no resource classes) until lunch at 11:05.  We start our day at 8:00. I have loved spending this time with my kids and experimenting with different things.

1. We made these cute paintings by putting tape strips on white construction paper and then painting over it. Once it dried, I pulled the tape off and they looked like this!  I'm so pleased with how they turned out!!






2. I had a parent volunteer to come in and do a craft with the kids. She read them a few fish stories and then using baby oil, made these:

They turned out awesome too!!

3. I finished giving my students the PALS assessment (only in VA) and have recorded all of their scores in the cummulative folders.  I can check that off of my end of year to do list!


4. I have been assessing my students this week on their math skills.  They have practiced all of the first grade SOLs the whole year in math work stations, so I thought I would create a few assessments that would tell me what they learned. Click the picture below for a freebie from my TpT store. Please share your thoughts by commenting here or at TpT.

5.  And today we used the clickers to review some math concepts we have practiced this year.  Do you have clickers? Or have you ever used them?  My kids LOVE them and they are VERY easy to use!!  







No comments :

Post a Comment

Christin
Shifting Teacher K-2