Friday, May 17, 2013

Budding Blog Linky - I'm a new blogger!!!

Today I'm linking up with I Heart Recess for her Budding Blog linky.  I'm a new blogger so please check out my blog and consider following me!



1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I was inspired by a lot of teacher-bloggers 2 summers ago when I was beginning to use Debbie Diller's Math Work Stations.  Deedee Wills at Miss Kindergarten was my biggest inspiration since she hosted this Blog Party all about Ms. Diller's book.  If you haven't seen it, you must check it out!

2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
I LOVE teaching Math!  It is a huge passion of mine.  This summer I am going to spend some time at professional development to revise/create some math assessments geared toward the VA SOLs.


3. Describe your teaching style.
technology driven
passionate about my students
hands on learning
student lead classroom


4. Give three interesting facts about you.
- I was born in Heidleburg, Germany.
- I want to live at the beach some day.
- I could eat mexican food for breakfast, lunch and dinner!  I LOVE it!!!!


5. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, post the link :)
I have a TpT store!  Click my button to visit and consider folllowing me!  I have a lot of Math Work Station Games and just posted a free money assessment.  Go check it out.


15 comments :

  1. Thanks for linking up! Your blog is adorable! I too love teaching Math.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting. I'm hoping to do a post on your Linky this week. Just figured out how to reply to comments!! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice to meet you Christin! Good luck with your blog!
    Les
    The Puzzle Den

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just figured out how to reply to comments. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  3. Oooh you're like my German twin! I love the beach (we currently live about 2 mins drive from it) and definitely want to live beach front one day AND I would most definitely eat Mexican for every meal if it were an option! Oh my gosh, YUM!

    I've just started following your blog and will go and show your TpT store the same love ;)

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just figured out how to reply to comments. Thanks for following

      Delete
  4. Those projects look great! Don't you love when you can just close your day and not be disturbed all day? Its amazing how different the day can go :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Annie
    Three Cheers for First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love it! We are doing a research project right now and they LOVE it!!

      Delete
  5. Don't you just love the clickers! My kids do!!! I'm your newest follower!!!

    24/7 Teacher: Amy Harrod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks. I love the clickers. The kids do too!

      Delete
  6. Its nice to meet another Virginia blogger! I always get so excited when I see that button on a blog - yippie! I love Mexican food as well, but I'm not sure about breakfast?!
    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog at the linky! I'm a follower :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Danielle
    Apples, Ink and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Rosie. I'm a new blogger and found your blog on the budding bloggers link as I was searching for bloggers to nominate for the Liebster Award. I was just nominated by my friend and colleage Jen from That First Grade Blog and am paying it forward by nominating you for the award since you are so close to having 200 followers. I am now following your blog and would love it if you would follow my blog as well. Please read my blog to find out more about the Liebster Award. Thanks. Lori from Mrs. Ross's Science Class.

    ReplyDelete

Christin
Shifting Teacher K-2