Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Peek at My Week - a little late!

Sorry to be late but here is a Peek at my {Nursery Rhyme (Part 1)} Week.   I'm linking up with Mrs. Wills Kindergarten  and Mrs. Laffin's Laughings.

We are learning about nursery rhymes this week and next.  My kids are doing a really nice job in their centers and are blowing me away during our math time.  If you aren't doing Math Work Stations (Debbie Diller's philosophy) then you need to start ASAP!!!!





You can click any of these pictures to get a look at my plans in the PDF from Google Drive.  There are links to the math journals and writing unit.  Sorry to not have other pictures for the activities.  I'll try to share some more this week too!

Today we had an amazing time during whole group math.  We have been talking about number sense and how to represent numbers in multiple ways.  They are really beginning to get the hang of this whole idea.  I am super impressed that we are only 1 quarter of the way in to this school year and they are so far along already! YAY!!!  I'll take some pictures tomorrow to share of the posters that they made.  I was overall VERY pleased with their thinking and how they represented their number.  We will hang these posters in the classroom to reference for the months to come.

Now go check out what everyone else is doing this week!



So, have a great rest of the week. I hope to be back before Friday to share some other ideas from our class!!  Toodles!

post signature

1 comment :

  1. Hello!

    I am just getting into the groove of literacy centers, which still need work, I cannot imagine doing centers for math too! But I have seen and heard about so many teachers that do think it is great and utilize them every day. I need a work week to prep all the centers!

    Check out my plans over at www.ifyougiveateacheratreat.blogspot.com

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Christin
Shifting Teacher K-2