Friday, February 26, 2016

Five for Friday 2/26/16

It was finally a full week of school for me!!!!  It has either been a 2 hour delay or no school at least one day in the week for the past 2-3 weeks.  So this week was long....yet rewarding because I feel like we accomplished a lot of learning!!!!  I'm linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching to share what we have done this week!  Enjoy!!
1.  We have been busy playing our word work games this week.  I have given my kiddos a lot of choice and they seem to enjoy that part of it!

2.  I recently purchased Deedee Wills's Math Work Stations - Black and White Bundle.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!   They are so easy to just print, cut and laminate to add to a station.  She also makes each month consistent with the previous so there isn't a whole lot of reteaching the skills - the pictures and themes change.  My kinders thrive with predictability!!



3.  We have been working with word families over the last several weeks.  Each week has a different word family sort (I follow the Words their Way philosophy) and the students complete daily activities to practice spelling and looking at the patterns in the words.  At the end of the week, I give them this quick "assessment" to see if they were able to grasp that set of word families.  This is very helpful especially when the students are working with the short i and short e sounds.   

4.  Our reading centers work has changed just slightly.  It was very overwhelming to see so many students struggling to get their work finished - and I'm not a huge fan of "worksheets" anyway!  So.......now that my kiddos can read - we have fully adopted the Daily 5 and the kids are thriving on the fact that they get to choose and be responsible for their learning.  

5.  This week was the 100th day of school!  We had lots of fun activities to help us celebrate!



Now head over to see what everyone else was up to this week!


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Christin
Shifting Teacher K-2