A huge thank you to 2 fellow bloggers who nominated me for this award. I am so honored!
There are a few rules for this before I can pass it on, though.
- Link back to the blog that nominated me.
- Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator.
- Share 11 random facts about myself.
- Create 11 questions for my nominees.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
- Contact my nominees to let them know that I nominated them.
11 questions from Carrie:
- Why did you decide to start blogging? I started blogging because I was so inspired by all of the fellow teacher bloggers. They always had great things to share and I wanted to be a part of it.
- Have you always wanted to be a teacher? Yes!!
- What is your favorite non-teaching website? TARGET! I love everything Target!
- Do you have pets, children, or both? How many? I have 1 daughter (2.5 years old) and a boxer (1year old).
- What goals do you have for summer? I just plan to relax and enjoy my family since the school year is so hectic. I also have a plan to work out/get fit and start making it a part of my lifestyle again.
- What was the year, make, and model of your first car? 2001 silver, beetle
- Have you always taught the grade that you teach now? No. I have taught K, 1 and 2.
- What do you like to do when you aren't teaching/grading/lesson planning? I like to cook and spend time with my family.
- Out of all of the places that you might have lived, which is your favorite? I have only lived here and I LOVE but my ultimate dream place is the beach (Nags Head)
- What is your must-have accessory for your work outfits? Earrings and a watch
- What has been your least favorite vacation destination? Why? I have only vacationed at the beach and I've loved it every time!
11 questions from Jen:
1. What is your favorite grade to teach? I love teaching kindergarten!
2. If you could be anything other than a teacher, what would you be? I'd be a waitress at Stack Em' High pancake house in Nags Head. Leave at 2:00 and spend the afternoon on the beach. Couldn't ask for better!
3. What is your favorite food? It is a split between Mexican and pizza.
4. How do you spend your free time? I spend my time relaxing with my family and enjoying life.
5. What do you like best about your classroom? I like that it is big and open with lots of space.
6. What do you like least about your classroom? I am changing schools this year!! So my least favorite is that I am not yet in my new room.
7. What are you currently reading? Teach Like A Pirate, How to Win Friends and Influence People and Fundations
8. If money and time was no object, where would you spend your summer vacation? Any beach but I love Nags Head. If money and time were not an object, I'd spend the whole summer there!!
9. What is your favorite pet? Dog - boxer
10. What is your favorite TV show? The Good Wife
11. What is your must have beauty product? I'd have to say my shampoo and straightener (I have naturally curly Jair).
11 questions for my nominees:
1. If you could be any actor or actress, who would it be and why?
2. What kind of books do you enjoy reading?
3. Do you have any kids or pets? What are their ages?
4. What is your favorite teacher store?
5. What is your favorite clothing store to shop for work wardrobes? Why?
6. If you could be on a reality show, what would you choose and why?
7. What do you do on the weekends?
8. How many years have you been teaching?
9. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
10. What is your preferred teacher duty assignment?
11. If you were on a desert island, what would you want to have with you?
My nominees are......drumroll please......(their pictures are hyperlinked)
Thanks for such an honor! I'm excited to see what these ladies have to offer! Enjoy!