Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Math Work Stations

These pictures show a little about how I organize my classroom for Math Work Stations. The pocket chart holds pictures of each student and their partner, numbers 1-12 and computer in purple and yellow. My students almost always visit 2 stations each day. The other picture shows how I organize the stations on my shelf for easy student access. I have read and reread Debbie Diller's book on MWS and have seen her in Richmond, VA at her math stations conference in 2012. I recommend this book to ALL teachers, any grade level. My principal has bought in to this philosophy of math teaching and has implemented the program in grades k, 1,2 and 3 and will add 4 and 5 over the next 2 years. Feel free to post a question or comment about stations if your trying it or if your interested. I'd love to hear from you!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Christin
Shifting Teacher K-2