Thursday, October 19, 2017

#IMMOOC My Educator Inpirations


There are two educators that I continue to learn so much from as they inspire me to create learning opportunities for my students.  One is Alice Keeler, who was on sharing her thoughts just last week about homework and innovation.  The other is Christine Pinto, who is writing a book with Alice Keeler about how to use Google Apps for Education (GAFE) with young students, and writes a blog about it here: GAFE for Littles

Both of these ladies have helped break down the barriers for kindergarten students.  Almost daily, I hear the phrase, "They can't do that!"  Well how do we know???  Have you at least given them the opportunity to try?  If your answer is no, then you are prejudging a student before giving them an opportunity to show you if they can do "it" or not.  

I would encourage anyone reading this....to try something new with your students!  Something you have never done before.  Give them an opportunity to show you if they know how to do "it" or not.  I have always been surprised with what my students can teach me about new things!

What is something you have tried with your students or would like to try with them??  Leave a message in the comments, I'd love to hear from you!


1 comment :

  1. Masha Allah, a wonderful article. If You or Your Children want to Learn Quran and Arabic Online in an interesting and systematic way, you’re in the Right Place justClick here

    ReplyDelete

Christin
Shifting Teacher K-2