Thursday, October 5, 2017

I am Resilient! #IMMOOC


Let me hear you shout it - I AM RESILIENT!  After reading chapter 3, I knew one of the biggest characteristics of the innovator's mindset that I believed in was being resilient!  I believe that I am here to do what is best for my students.  If I don't believe in myself and my ideas, who will?  

At times, this confidence and resilience can seem like too much for someone who has not yet developed an innovator's mindset.  It can come off to be cocky or annoying.  I get those looks ALL THE TIME when I am talking to other teachers.  It makes me feel sad for those students who are not being given the same opportunities as the students in my class.

Is doing the same ole thing easy?  Absolutely!  But the number one question is:




As educators, we have to think about our students and what is going to be the best for them.  Not what is the easiest for us!  I am so proud to be resilient and am my biggest supporter when it comes to trying new things and thinking new ideas.



I'd love to hear your thoughts....which characteristic best describes you and your teaching?  Leave me a note in the comments!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Christin
Shifting Teacher K-2