Wednesday, October 25, 2017

#IMMOOC What Should the Classroom Look Like?


One of the sad things about being an educator is hearing my fellow educators talking about how they taught this great lesson with students sitting in their desks listening to their lecture, students practicing on a worksheet and the teachers walking around to see how each student is doing.  

Every grade level needs to give students choice and voice in their learning!  We also have to connect their learning to the real world, make time for reflection, give opportunities for innovation and self assessment and build problem solvers who can think critically.  

While I feel it easy to say every grade level, I've never taught higher than second grade.  However, I still believe that those upper grade students should have the same opportunities as lower grade students even though they take an end of year assessment (SOLs in Virginia).

Let's just try it to see how they do!  Give your students a chance to show you!!  Then come back and leave a comment to share what happened!




13 comments :

  1. I just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas.Tampa Tutoring I appreciate when I see well written material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve desired to post about something similar to this on one of my blogs and this has given me an idea. Winter Park Tutoring Cool Mat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very profitable post for me. Manhasset Tutoring I've enjoyed reading the post. It is very informative and useful post. I would like to visit the post once more its valuable content.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its wonderful blog really very nice site and blog facility.every title is very nice and very fatastic concept.Special needs Tutor Larchmont Thanks for sharing the information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for give me information on this topic. Special needs Tutor Greenwich you have sharing very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a beneficial workout for me to go through your webpage. Special needs Tutor Wellesley It definitely stretches the limits with the mind when you go through very good info and make an effort to interpret it properly. I am going to glance up this web site usually on my PC. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the work you have put into your nice blog. Private tutor Short Hills We will bookmark to your blog because it is very informational. We love the site and will come back to see your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the work you have put into your nice blog. Private tutor Far hills We will bookmark to your blog because it is very informational. We love the site and will come back to see your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a beneficial workout for me to go through your webpage. Private tutor Squirrel Hill North It definitely stretches the limits with the mind when you go through very good info and make an effort to interpret it properly. I am going to glance up this web site usually on my PC. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have found so many interesting thing in your blog and I really love that. Private tutor of Gladwyne Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed reading this post, I always appreciate topics like this being discussed to us. Private School in Miami, Fl Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good information here. I really enjoy reading them every day. I've learned a lot from them.Academy in Liberty City, Fl Thanks so much for sharing this information. Greatly help me being a newbie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really informative blog for students, Private School in Cutler Bay, Fl keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Christin
Shifting Teacher K-2