Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Peek at my Week {11-4} Nursery Rhymes Part 2

I'm here to link up with Deedee and Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for a Peek at this Week! 
 This week we only have 4 days.  Tuesday is our Parent/Teacher Conference day so the kids do not come to school.  You can click on my plans to open the PDF in Google Docs.  I'm really going to try to blog at the end of the week with pictures to show the fun we had.  My kids are making puppets for each nursery rhyme and I'm going to teach them how to use the puppet theater with them.  They are so excited!  


For the most part, my math stations are staying the same.  We are going to begin practicing addition with the game On/Off.  This is a very easy game.  I'll get a picture for you for next week.  But you simply give the kids an 8.5x11 sheet with a picture on it (ie a pumpkin or an apple or a turkey).  They hold 5 beans in their hand (or whatever number you'd like them to work on) and "roll" the beans on the page.  They count how many beans landed on the picture and how many landed off.  They record their answer to see multiple ways to make the number 5.  
****UPDATE - I have made my November On/Off Pack.******  
It is only $1.00.  BUT......you can get a copy of the recording page from the preview PDF.  Just go {HERE} and click on the preview to get your freebie.  Try it out.  If you like it, come back and get the pack that includes the directions of how I use it, an I can chart and 4 different pictures (the same as the 4 on the front cover) in black and white and color so you could save on your printer ink!

Here's what it looks like: 





Ok, so hop over and check out these great linky parties to see what others are doing this week.  
Mrs. Wills Kindergarten
Mrs. Laffin's Laughings
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Christin
Shifting Teacher K-2