Friday, September 20, 2013

Five for Friday 9-20


It has been a VERY long week!  I am actually home today with my daughter who had a fever yesterday and last night. Here is my 5 thoughts for the week:

1: I broke my kids into 4 groups and gave each group letter cards (a-z lowercase).  They had to work together to put the cards in ABC order using the word wall and other resources around the room.  I was VERY pleased to see their teamwork and it was a great informal assessment of who was able to recognize letters and who wasn't. 












2:  During my small group learning this week, I had the students match lowercase and uppercase letters to the alphabet chart.  Again, it was a great informal assessment of who could do it and who couldn't.  Since I'm at home, I don't have the name of the person who made this chart.  If it's yours, let me know.  Otherwise, I will update it on Monday with a link!!



3.  Here my kinders are working on their poetry center.  We made an I can chart so they could see what they needed to do with the poem.  The steps stay the same each week but they use a different poem.  They practice the poem from the previous week (so they know the words already since we practice it whole group daily).  




I CAN...

1. Read to self.

2. Read to a buddy.

3. Listen to a buddy.

4. Illustrate a picture.

(I also add pictures to these sentences so they can remember what they say.)


4.  Here my kids are using the computer to practice literacy skills.  This week, they just used www.starfall.com which is a great resource for both math and literacy.  




5.  And here my kinders are working on their recording paper for the listening center. I always have some kind of follow up activity after they listen to the story. 


Now be sure to link up with Doodle Bugs and check out everyone else's posts!  Happy weekend!!


Just a reminder that I'm having a giveaway but need help from other blogger friends. Check out my post by clicking on the button below  you can fill out the form there too. 

http://shiftingteacherk-2.blogspot.com/2013/09/yayy-time-to-celebrate.html




post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Christin
Shifting Teacher K-2